Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Pickle Poem



For the past few weeks I have been making poems in English class. At first I thought that it would be stupid, but as I've written more and more, I've begun to like it. The story behind this poem is pretty simple, I asked a girl in my class to give me a random object to write about and she came up with a pickle. I really like this poem here it is:

As the pickle sits on the floor,

I wonder where has it been before?

This pickle could not just appear

So where was it before it was here?

Could it be this came from England?

Or even its neighbor, drunken Ireland?

This could be a pickle from fancy France

Where they wear their fancy pants.

Could this be a magical pickle?

Worth a trillion shiny, new nickels?

If only the pickle could tell us it's past

It could tell us where it had been last.

3 comments:

Barkley's said...

I LOVE IT!!! its awesom you need to write more herman, you know dad is an amazing writer so its in your genes (not like the ones you wear)... Guess what im doing right now? Well its 10:47 and your nephew has decided it time to play :( Im so tired!!

Danna said...

Jeff, You really need to be a writer. This is great work!! Would be a great childrens story.

Papa Smurf said...

I hope you keep this writing up- you are terrific at it. Mom