Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Garbage Man

Here are two more poems I made this first one is pretty corny but the second one is awesome

The Garbage Man
As I, the garbage man hualed my morning junk,
I ran into a flagpole "Clunk"

I got out quickly to look at the front,
the engine then gave out a loud grunt.

"Oh dear!" I said as I looked over my truck,
"I sure have run into some real bad luck!"

Ran, I did, to the nearest phone,
But it did not work, so I gave out a moan.

I walked up to a house and knocked on the door,
and waited and waited and waited some more.

I looked at my watch to check the time.
I looked and was worried it was 5 and a dime.

No one is awake at this early morn'.
Only the ones who from sleep are torn.

And then like an angel from heaven above,
a car passed me by and I fell in love.

An old lady poked her head out of the car
and said, "Can I get your feet off this tar?"

I laughed and I said, "Yes mam, you can."
As I got in, she said, "What's the plan?"

She drove me back to my job in town.
I gave her a wave as she turned back around.

It's people like that we need more in this place.
A person who doesn't care about strangers, or race.

This second one is a parody of Jack-be-nimble.

Hot Dog
Dog be juicy
Dog I lick
Dog be over a candlestick
Dog be juicy
Dog I lick
Dog now toasted on a stick

1 comment:

Barkley's said...

LOVE IT HERMAN!!! SO Good lol I love you see you next week YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY